My organization changed up all the forms. So we are missing fields I use for reports, queries, and importantly finding duplicated entries of systems. One of the most important was the field called "system name." I used to be able to search for duplicates when some auto script (using that field) added the duplicated keyword to two tickets with the same system name.
I have limited Jira access to advance tools, or addons. I am a low level in a huge company and no one on top knows me, or cares what we need. So that leaves me only with making filters and search queries.
So what I wanted to do was create a query/filter that will search for all text (not case sensitive) that matches. Sure, I will get a lot of duplicates since many titles share similar words like "repair" or "down," but I can skim them to find similar matching system names.
For example, I would like to make a query that will search for all products called TeamTitans (just made it up as a product), that are unassigned, that have a component that matches "troubleshooting," and will check for any words that are similar in title.
If this works, I know I will get results like:
IPMI is down on ABC-123
ABC-483 is down.
Host for ABC-123 missing.
And that two will match "down" but also two will match "ABC-123." I would just skim results for matching system names and close one (or more) of the tickets.
Is this "search for duplicate text" possible? I have see older posts saying it is not, but nothing I found recent in case things changed since.
Thank you.