Hi community,
I've an automation rule using the action "Execute a ScriptRunner script" and am trying to write output with line breaks to the rule's Audit Log with addMessage, for example:
Hello @Gisela Lassahn
As far as I know, Audit Log renders output as a single line and does not interpret escape characters, line breaks or HTML tags. I believe this is the way how they prevent injection and being vulnerable to attacks.
Hello @Tuncay Senturk _Snapbytes_ ,
thanks for your reply!
It sounds comprehensible.
Unfortunately you even don't get a new line if you use another addMessage().
Would that be a feasible suggestion to Atlassian or Adaptavist to start a new line for each addMessage()?
Or do you think they couldn't solve it?
Since the concatenation of separate addMessage messages occurs in the Jira Automation UI, it is on Atlassian's side. Therefore, raising a ticket to Atlassian support is a better option, but you could also ask Adaptavist for assistance, as they may have better insight into this issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.