I have created a custom field (Select List Multi Choices) in Epic tickets.Upon selecting one of the options from the list, I want automation to clone a work item and link it to the current Epic
Hi Joseph - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Can you share what you have for the automation rule so far?
Basically, you create a rule with a Field Value Changed trigger and select your custom field.
Then add a Condition to check the field for that value. Then add an action for Clone work item. Add a field for Linked issues and select Trigger issue to link it to.
Hi John, thanks for the quick response.I get stuck on the last part as if I select this option from the drop down, then I want it to clone case SCR-23300, and link it
The rule you have is going to clone the issue where the GTM Task List field was changed. Did you change that field on SCR-23300? Or are you triggering this rule from some other issue, but want SCR-23300 to be the issue cloned regardless?
The Epic has this custom field (GTM Task List), I want a clone of SCR-23300 to be linked within this Epic when they select "Bug Fix/Internal" (eventually I will do this with the other fields here with a different SCR)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.