I have followed the documentation on adding AD to JIRA, but I can't seem to make the connection even though the certificate was created.
Are there any tricks?
No tricks, other than follow the docs. But, what errors are you getting? Check the log files for more information on what is wrong.
I'll get the information.
2016-11-09 10:26:19,027 http-nio-8080-exec-8 WARN wcgage 626x9490x1 1pmhqz7 172.26.102.101 /plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/configure/ldap/ [c.a.c.embedded.admin.ConfigurationController] No default auto add group is defined.2016-11-09 10:27:02,335 http-nio-8080-exec-15 ERROR wcgage 627x9610x1 1pmhqz7 172.26.102.101 /plugins/servlet/embedded-crowd/configure/ldap/ [c.a.c.embedded.admin.ConfigurationController] Configuration test failed for user directory: [ LDAP server], type: [ CONNECTOR ]com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException: hstn-dc01.pfcs.local:636; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: hstn-dc01.pfcs.local:636 [Root exception is javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]
The last sentence in there gives the reason - your certificates are not set up correctly. It's either a duff certificate, or, more likely, the certificate authority is not installed right.
This happens a lot when people start with certificates. I find the Atlassian docs on it to be quite good, at least for Java based applications. Run through https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/unable-to-connect-to-ssl-services-due-to-pkix-path-building-failed-779355358.html to get started on a fix.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.