I've been testing some ScriptRunner functionality for our Jira Data Center environment, and have had no luck getting any Behaviours to trigger on field actions. For testing, I created a Behaviour for a test service desk (all issue types), added the 'Summary' Field to it, and attached a stripped down version of a test script to it:
def fieldToSet = getFieldByName('Description')
fieldToSet.setFormValue('The script has set this default value')My understanding is that when the Summary value is updated, this should trigger the script in question. I've opened the request form on the customer portal, entered information, and submitted the ticket, and at no point did it set the value of the Description field. Checking the Behaviour, it still says the script has not run yet, and shows nothing in the execution history.
I feel like I'm missing something very fundamental in setting this up, but I don't see any other steps in any online tutorials. I'm on JSM 5.12.20, and ScriptRunner 8.44.0.
If anyone has any recommendations, or resources I might have missed, that would be much appreciated. Thanks!