In our instance, while creating a new plan, I chose a Filter that has 400 issues & maybe 63 projects.
But despite the limit provided in the Plans, I get the error,
"Your plan contains more than 100 projects. Remove issue sources or use the section below to refine your plan."
I tried following this solution provided,
https://support.atlassian.com/advanced-roadmaps-for-jira/kb/trying-to-create-a-new-advanced-roadmaps-plan-leads-to-internal-server-error/
But in the DB, I do not have two entries for RANK 0, 2 for -859340285902835 (Advanced Roadmaps) as mentioned in the article.
Any help is appreciated !
Hi @Aisha M,
Can you share the filter you are using and also clarify how you come to the conclusion that your filter has "maybe 63 projects". In the same effort: can you also check how many projects are in your Jira instance?
Taking a forward assumption: my guess is that your filter is probably very generic, which probably means for Jira it may - theoretically - return issues from all projects in your instance (and I suspect there are more than 100). I also suspect that you have added criteria that - at this point - limit the actual set of returned issues to less than 100 projects, but JQL does not know that if you don't somehow explicitly limit the projects your filter can technically speaking return.
If I am right, you should have a look at your filter and see if you can explicitly mention the set of projects in scope of your filter. Of course, listing all relevant projects is probably not feasible, but you might be able to use category (which is the project category) to dynamically limit the set of projects.
Hope this helps!
@Walter Buggenhout Thank you for the comment.
Here is the filter
(issue in childIssuesOf("XYZ-1234") OR issue in childIssuesOf("XYZ-1245") OR issue in childIssuesOf("XYZ-1298") OR issue in childIssuesOf("XYZ-1739")) and statusCategory not in (Done) and "PI (Program Increment)" in ("PI 25.1 (01/02/25 - 03/12/25)", "PI 25.2 (03/13/25 - 05/21/25)", "PI 25.3 (05/22/25 - 07/30/25)", "PI 25.4 (07/31/25 - 10/08/25)", "PI 25.5 (10/09/25 - 12/31/25)" )
The reason I am able to say 63 projects is, I exported the JQL results and checked the number of projects this query returns and it was 63
Also, our whole env has more than 6000+ projects are so.
Yes. You just confirmed my assumption. While the current result set may indeed return issues from only 63 projects, the JQL in itself contains nothing that keeps Jira from looking at all 6000+ projects in your instance.
To resolve the problem, you'll need to find some way to explicitly limit the set of projects to search in, as mentioned in my initial response.
But there are also filters that do not limit the set of projects, but returns a small of result despite having a vague query
Example: "Application Field" is not EMPTY and createdDate >= startOfYear()
This query has a result of 55 issues. Though this does not explicitly mention the keys, yet this filter is acceptable in the roadmaps
Does this not sort through 6000+ projects ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.