Hello Jira/BigPicture Support Team,
I am using Jira to track my tasks and BigPicture to plan and visualize them. I have configured BigPicture to calculate task end dates based on the “Time Spent + Remaining Estimate” setting.
A small scenario:
I estimate a task with 5 days of effort.
The task was started 10 days ago, but only 2 days of actual work have been logged in Jira during this period.
If no recent work is logged, BigPicture currently shows the end date as 5 days ago (Start Date + Estimated Effort).
However, if I log 1 day of work today, I would expect BigPicture to recognize that the task is still in progress and to shift the end date calculation so that it is based on today’s date (i.e., today + remaining estimate).
What I want:
I want BigPicture to dynamically adjust the end date so that when work is logged on a task, the end date is recalculated from the current date (not the original start date), reflecting the actual progress and remaining effort. For example, if I log time today and there are 2 days remaining, the end date should be two days from today.
My Questions:
Is it possible to configure Jira/BigPicture so that the end date is always calculated from the most recent work log date (or today), plus the remaining estimate?
If so, what settings or workflow changes are required to achieve this?
If not, are there any recommended workarounds or automations (e.g., auto-scheduling, custom fields, or API usage) that can help achieve this behavior?
Thanks for your help,
Thanks in advance,
Silvio