In my workflow I have my own transition to Assign state that prompts for Assignee and additonal information. I'd like to remove or hide the default "Assign" button to avoid user confusion. (Note: I don't want to remove Assign permission because they still need to set the Assignee in the screen I've created for the transition.)
Based on previous suggestions, I've tried putting the following script into the banner message, but for me it has no effect:
<script type='text/javascript'>
AJS.$(document).ready(function() {
var btnAssign = AJS.$("#assign-issue");
btnAssign.parent().remove();
});
</script>
When I view the page source I can see that my script is there ok. I'm not familiar with javascript, so I'm not sure if I've missed something obvious.
I've tried this in Chrome & FireFox with the same result - (and yes, Javascript is enabled).
(IE 10 messes up the UI pretty badly in general so I can't really test with it).
Any advice greatly appreciated.