Can we hide the "assign" button?

Ian Kidd November 6, 2011

We have built a custom workflow and want to insist that our users make use of it to assign tasks. eg. They should click on "UAT PASSED" and that screen will let them assign a task.

Some of them are not using the custom buttons and are instead clicking on the build-in ASSIGN button - any way to prevent them seeing this?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2011

You can disable the following module under Issue Operations Plugin.

View Issue Ops Bar Assign Link

(assign-issue)

Corey_Young August 6, 2012

I found this module but there isn't an option to disable it. I am using the OnDemand version. How can I disable this module? I *really* want to enforce assigning through workflow.

-Corey

1 vote
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2011

Like Jobin said, you can disable the button under the Issues Operation section. I should point out though that it is a global change. If you disable it, you will need to make sure that you have a 'edit' option in all of your workflows, otherwise they will not be able to edit anything.

Ian Kidd November 6, 2011

Thanks, yes this seems to work. We will retain the edit option as suggested but this measure should hopefully encourage them to use the worklofow buttons.

Corey_Young August 6, 2012

I found this module but there isn't an option to disable it. I am using the OnDemand version. How can I disable this module? I *really* want to enforce assigning through workflow.

-Corey

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2012

I don't think that's available in OnDemand - talk to Atlassian support and see if they'll do it for you (but I'd expect a "no")

0 votes
kahn chang March 7, 2019

1 hide “Assign” button by “Hide system or plugin UI element” of scriptrunner in some project.

2 delete the “Assignee” from the Edit Screen …… it is will be hide option “click to edit” near of assignee.

I cannot hide the "Assign to me" button,But that's what I expected …… Only the target assignee can assign himself.

0 votes
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2015

From a cloud standpoint its not advised to modify files as subsequent updates would most likely revert said changes. 

We touch on that here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+remove+the+'Assign'+button+from+issues 

Also, please be aware that customisations done by directly modifying files are not included in the upgrade process. These modifications will need to be reapplied manually on the upgraded instance.
0 votes
Nitin Malhotra August 1, 2013

Did you ever get a solution to this mate?

I am facing the same issue (2 years later!).

Also - I'd like to restirct people from editing assignee inline from the 'People' pane in issue view.

Suggest an answer