From the menu I select Repository, then Create Pull Request. It displays this dialog box:
image2015-12-9 15:46:37.png
Bitbucket is hosting my repository.
Found it. Click the settings gear icon from the top right of the screen.The 'Repository Settings' window is presented. Select your remote repository and press 'edit'.The 'Remote Details' window is presented. Update:URL / Path: update it to your remote git repo.Set Host Type. In my case, it was 'Stash'. Host URL: set it to my internal Bit Bucket host: http://bitbucketUsername: <your username>This seems redundant since very similar data was alread entered in the 'Edit Hosting Account' window in my earlier comments.
You have to set up your repo using the "Browse hosted projects" button in the Clone Repository dialog. This should enable Bitbucket's extended integration, including features like Pull Requests.
Thanks @Seth! I'm using SourceTree Version 1.6.21.0. I think I found a similar button from the main screen after my repository is cloned. On mouse over, the button says: "Show Hosted Repositories". When I click it displays the 'Hosted Repositories" window. From here, I select the row containing the repository I have cloned and press the 'Edit Accounts...' button. This displays the "Hosted Account List". I see the columns Host, Username, Show Private and Protocol. There is one row with the data "Stash", "kjohnso2", "True" and "HTTPS" respectively. If I press the "Edit" button, I see the "Edit Hosting Account" window. Hosting Service is set to "Bitbucket Server". Host URL is "http://bitbucket"; and Username is "kjohnso2". Login Status show a check and "Password OK". There is a list of "Projects to include" and the project containing my repository is in the list. The first time I explored this window, my password was not correct and the Hosting Service was "Bitbucket" which had a Host URL of http://bitbucket.org. I switched the Hosting Service to "Bitbucket Server" and our internal BitBucket URL and set the password. That felt like progress, but after all that I still get the same error when trying to initiate a pull request. I tried cloning my repository again and I think I found the button you mentioned. It is has a globe icon on it. It displays the 'Hosted Repositories' window and I select my hosted repository. Unfortunately, it places an invalid source path URL and the clone button is de-activated.
Thanks for posting the answer you found.
In case anyone else runs into this problem with Github, like I did...
Some of my repo directories were just fine, but a few of them weren't. After comparing the Settings within Sourcetree, I noticed that sometimes when Github is configured in the 'Remote Details' screen mentioned above, the URL for the working repos was set to https://www.github.com. The incorrect repos had it listed as an uneditable field: https://github.com. After grepping, I came across the file .git/sourcetreeconfig.
I copied the relevant lines in that file over from a working directory:
remoteProjectLink0.identifier=MyOrganization/repoNameremoteProjectLink0.username=myUserNameremoteProjectLink0.baseUrl=https://www.github.comremoteProjectLink0.remoteName=origin
And now it works.
I had this error appear randomly when it had been working for me before.
Here is the solution that worked for me:
On the settings page just remove the current remote that is there and then add the exact same one again. This must have refreshed it / woke it up and now I have no probelms
thanks, this method worked for me. had this issue after updating to the latest version
Thanks. The same "refresh" worked for me as well.
Cheers, a nice simple fix.
For me this (unchecking and resetting the external server in the remote details window) solved.
I don't have any of those settings in my sourcetreeconfig
Where should I be putting the code?
<?xml version="1.0"?><RepositoryCustomSettings xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <AutoRefresh>true</AutoRefresh> <AutoRefreshRemotes>true</AutoRefreshRemotes> <DraftCommitMsg /> <IncomingSavedCount>0</IncomingSavedCount> <LastCheckedRemotes>2018-06-01T08:02:53.4757963+10:00</LastCheckedRemotes> <LastUsedView>Log</LastUsedView> <LogBranchFilterIndex>0</LogBranchFilterIndex> <OutgoingSavedCount>1</OutgoingSavedCount> <SidebarExpandedItems> <string>File Status</string> <string>Branches</string> </SidebarExpandedItems> <SidebarWidth>210</SidebarWidth> <SubtreeLinks /></RepositoryCustomSettings>
Tq its working now
I counldn't solve it with any of the suggestions above.
For me it was an Update problem:
I updated Sourcetree to the latest version in Tools>Options > Updates > Check for updates. Then closed and reopened Sourcetree and problem solve! I was able to do the Pull Request.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.