I am a self-taught Jira project admin (no expert) for my marketing execution team in a large Jira enterprise managed environment. We have been very successful in using Jira to capture requests, assign work and track time. Our project work varies between a few days to a couple of weeks and so I am using a Story issue to capture those requests. I then have automated adding sub-tasks for each performer role supporting the project. This breakout has been great for dashboards and rich filter reporting.
My question is that after 2 years running this work and about 15k issues... the Jira admins are now recommending a different hierarchy for my work. Shifting performers from the sub-task to the story level. Outside of the headache of updating my historical data... I wanted to reach out and see if there is a standard that I should be following for my project scenarios. Thank you.