Hi Pipeline Gurus,
I have a bitbucket pipeline that generates an artifact that is greater than 1GB
Since when originally the arifact was created I saw message as follows
2 Artifact pattern <span>deploy</span>/ubuntu/pkgs/*.deb matched 1 files with a total size of 1.2 GiB
3 Compressed files for artifact "<span>deploy</span>/ubuntu/pkgs/*.deb" matching pattern <span>deploy</span>/ubuntu/pkgs/*.deb to 1.2 GiB in 59 seconds<br>4 Compressed artifact size is 251.7 MiB over the 1 GiB upload limit, so the artifact will not be uploaded.<span>1 Searching for files matching artifact pattern deploy/ubuntu/pkgs/*.deb<br></span>
After some reading I figured there is no presently supported direct mechanism to store and download an artifact greater than 1 Gigabyte ; I will be grateful if some tells me what are my options to handle this size artifact ( 1.26 GB)
I looked at https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/deploy-to-google-cloud/ and based on that I am exploring option of deploying that artifact directly to a GCS bucket . The pipeline definition is as follows.
image: atlassian/default-image:3
options:
size: 2x
max-time: 90
pipelines:
branches:
mybranches*:
- step:
name: 'invoke the build commands'
script:
- echo "invoking the necessary build commands that run OK "
- echo "build commands generate artifact 'deploy/ubuntu/pkgs/mypackage_amd64.deb'"
- pipe: atlassian/google-app-engine-deploy:1.7.0
variables:
KEY_FILE: $KEY_FILE
PROJECT: 'my-google-project'
DEPLOYABLES: deploy/ubuntu/pkgs/*.deb
VERSION: '${BITBUCKET_BUILD_NUMBER}'
BUCKET: 'gs://bucket-for-deploying-artifacts'
PROMOTE: 'true'
STOP_PREVIOUS_VERSION: 'true'
EXTRA_ARGS: '--verbosity=debug'
artifacts: # defining the artifact for download
- deploy/ubuntu/pkgs/*.deb
However when run this pipeline I get an error as follows
<span>Status: Downloaded newer image for bitbucketpipelines/google-app-engine-deploy:1.7.0</span>
90 INFO: Setting up environment.
91 echo "${KEY_FILE}" | base64 -d >> /tmp/key-file.json
92 gcloud auth activate-service-account --key-file /tmp/key-file.json --quiet --verbosity=warning
93 Activated service account credentials for: [myaccount@mygoogleproject.iam.gserviceaccount.com]
94 gcloud config set project mygoogleproject --quiet --verbosity=warning
95 Updated property [core/project].
96 INFO: Starting deployment to GCP app engine...
97 gcloud app --quiet deploy deploy/ubuntu/pkgs/mypackage_amd64.deb --version=16 --bucket gs://bucket-for-deploying-artifacts --promote --stop-previous-version --verbosity=debug --verbosity=warning
98 ERROR: (gcloud.app.deploy) [/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/deploy/ubuntu/pkgs/mypackage_amd64.deb] could not be identified as a valid source directory or file.
99 Deployment failed.
Please note that some details like project, package and bucket names are synonymized and pardon if any inconsistencies have crept in the above description owing to that.
Sincere thanks for your response
Yogesh