Hi all,
I have 2 instance with the same version but, different domain. I want to migrate projects.I found Project Configurator for Jira plugin but it is not free.Is there any way to solve my issue?Thanks
Hi @Mkurama ,
Please refer to the knowledge base and choose the method that suits your needs.
Migrating projects to another Jira instance
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0816/migrating-projects-to-another-jira-instance-1167832959.html
Restoring a project from backup
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/restoring-a-project-from-backup-938847691.html
Migrating Jira applications to another server
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrating-jira-applications-to-another-server-938846962.html
Thanks @Ollie Guan But, I used Configuration Manager for Jira (CMJ) plugin it works with me.
Hi @Mkurama
Migrating projects between two Jira instances—especially across domains—can be trickier than it looks. Beyond just moving issues, you’ll want to preserve structure: workflows, hierarchies, links, attachments, and history.
That’s where most manual exports or partial tools fall short—or bring in clutter you’ll later need to clean up.
The right approach depends on how critical the project data is, and whether teams need to keep working during the move.
If you're looking for a non-disruptive, structured migration (without downtime or tool lockouts), it's worth exploring Jira data migration solutions that maintain fidelity and align the new environment properly.
OpsHub Migration Manager is built for exactly this kind of clean, non-disruptive migration —ensuring your projects land in the new instance with structure, relationships, and history fully intact, minus the risks that standard data migration tools bring.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more assistance!
Me as well. game changer
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.