Hi all,
In this YouTube! video by Edmund Munday, Edmund mentions building a dynamic pipeline generated entirely by a `bitbucket-pipelines.yml` file which contains nothing but a `labels:` block which is a mere 7 lines of yaml.
Does anyone know where the Bitbucket documentation for the `labels:` section is? I can't find any mention of it in the Pipeline Reference docs here:
https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/global-options/
And in this community post, @Edmund Munday mentions:
(to be totally honest, "labels" as a feature are still technically undocumented and not "officially" released haha).
But that was from almost exactly a year ago. So I'm wondering if labels
- is officially supported yet?
- has any documentation anywhere describing use, limitations, capabilities, use-case or code examples, etc.
I did find this one brief mention in the Forge Reference for Dynamic Pipelines:
https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/manifest-reference/modules/bitbucket-dynamic-pipelines-provider/#labels
But other than mention it's a free-form yaml block restricted to 10K in size it doesn't help me much. I'm trying to figure out how to use it, so would love to see example code that parses the labels and does things with them based on values, etc.
Thanks!
--
Paul