I read this guideline for Jira Cloud but cannot find Work items and Work type hierarchy in my Jira Data Center Setting.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-the-issue-type-hierarchy/
My Jira:
Can anyone help me with this in Jira Data Center? I want to create 2 new issue types in Jira with the below hierarchy:
Initiatives > Theme > Epic > Story > Task > Sub-task
Another question is why Story is at the same level with Task? Can we change that default setting?
Hi @Thảo Trần Thu
Issue hierarchy is connected to advanced roadmaps which is available in Jira Premium/Enterprise. Do you have it in your Jira DC?
Regards,
Seba
Hello @Thảo Trần Thu ,Welcome to the Community !!Hierarchy Level option would be at Administration-> Manage Apps -> Advance Roadmaps for JIRA -> Hierarchy ConfigurationKindly refer to Advanced RoadMaps details at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/configure-your-jira-software-instance-1044784156.htmlStory and Task are in same level as they are Standard Issue type.
<url>/secure/PortfolioHierarchy.jspaFor direct access
Thank you.
I know the admin can set up the hierarchy in Advanced Roadmaps.
However, when the admin creates two issue types, Initiatives and Themes, in Advanced Roadmaps, these types cannot have Epics as their child issues, unlike how Epics can contain Stories and Tasks.
Hence, I wonder if we can configure Hierarchy directly from Jira setting, it might help with the issue mentioned above.
Hi @Sebastian Krzewiński ,
Yes, we have.
But as I replied to @Piyush Annadate _ACE Pune_ , when the admin creates two issue types, Initiatives and Themes, in Advanced Roadmaps, these types cannot have Epics as their child issues, unlike how Epics can contain Stories and Tasks.
Hence, I wonder if we can configure Hierarchy directly from Jira setting, it might help with the issue mentioned above or not.
You cannot update Hierarchy directly from JIRA settings,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.