I am viewing my Kanban board and I move an Epic from any open status to "Canceled" or "Completed". A automation that checks an issue when it transitions into either "Completed" or "Closed" is triggered to make sure none of triggering issue's children are still open. If it finds that the issue triggering the automation has open children then it transitions that issue back to "In Progress". I only need this automation for Epics because the workflow rule that restricts a transition based on the status of it's sub tasks does not work on Epics. The rule works mostly but there are 2 items I am stuck on to make the automation better.
1) When the automation transitions the Epic back to "In Progress" the Kanban board is not updated. The Epic remains in the "Canceled" or "Completed" column. However if you have the Epic selected so that you see the details in the sidebar, you can see that the status has changed. Refreshing the page now shows the Epic in the "In Progress" column. Is there any way to force a refresh or a setting I am missing to update the board automatically?
2) Is there a way to capture the original status of the Epic to return it back to that status? I am assuming it came from "In Progress" but it could have come from "Scheduled" or "Waiting".
Thanks.