I have been following this guide to try and enable us to move to bitbucket:
https://www.atlassian.com/git/migration#!migration-convert<br< a="">>
I have managed to git svn clone our SVN repository that we want to host in bitbucket. I used a command like:
git svn clone --stdlayout --authors-file=authors.txt svn://svnrepo/a/b/project gitproject
Unfortunately though, upon inspection, I notice that the git log (with --follow) does not go further back then the latest SVN repository move for each file. Using an svn client to the SVN log for the same file will track back further.
The history is that the project has evolved and was mavenised, resulting in movement from different locations in the same repository, but outside of the project location we're trying to migrate to GIT. The project has a long history, and movement and restructuring of the repo is to be expected over this time period.
The issue seems very similar to this which I found:
https://github.com/githubtraining/feedback/issues/43<br< a="">>
However his workaround seems unachievable for us due to different parts of our project having moved from different locations at different times (and sometime multiple times), rather than one big bang move to deal with.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to lose our history and I'd really like to get the clone done properly over the weekend. Thanks in advance.