Hello,
I have made a custom field and this is only visible when I create a ticket, in the Edit it is not visible.With the option Where is My field I get the following:
Project and issue type scope
I have looked in JIRA and try searching but I can't find the correct solution or I am not so good in JIRA The sites that I have found are:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/custom-fields-or-system-fields-are-not-appearing-on-the-screen-163416168.htmlhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/associating-screen-and-issue-operation-mappings-with-an-issue-type-802592604.html
I hope that someone can help me.With regards,
Martin
The message and your description are confusing. From the description I'd say it is only on the Create screen and it needs to be added to the edit screen also. The error message indicates it isn't configured for that issue type. Are you working with the same issue type in both the create and edit?
Hello Joe,
Thank you fore the quick reply.
When I create a ticket the custom field is there and I can use it.Only if I edit an old issue the custom field is not there and I get the error from where is my field. The index has run so everything is updated.
I hope that you can help me.
With regards,
JIRA allows different screens for create, edit, and view. I'd start with verifying the field is on the Edit screen.
I agree w/ Joe, the error message does not match the behavior; otherwise, you would not have that field on the create screen either. I would reindex. Could be a case of where the UI doesn't match the DB.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.