Hi, I found the documentation on how to set up a security scheme in JIRA Software (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-issue-level-security-829827025.html) but this only tells me how to set up the scheme, not how to control the security for an individual issue. I found a description of that for 6.4 (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/setting-security-on-an-issue-720416296.html) but there's no security drop-down when I edit an issue in 7.2. I'm quite sure I have permissions to set issue security, and I'm a member of the group I want to set the security to.
Was this feature removed? Is it a bug? Have I just not had enough coffee yet and I'm completely missing it?
As always, help is appreciated!
Maya
The issue security functions have worked the same way from JIRA 3 to the very latest.
As you've checked that you have the permissions, and you're a member of one of the levels, my best guess is that the "security level" field is not on the create/edit screen.
Thank you, I was looking for a built-in drop-down, not a field! Not enough coffee, obviously.
Not your fault Maya, I understoon the same way, I think documentation is not clear. After all explanation how to setup security there is no direct link on how to use it Just saying
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.