I'm cleaning my repo to try to fit into new size limits. So I used BFG cleaner to strip some large files from history and then did push.
Locally the repo is 350Mb but on bitbucket it's 1.6Gb. So my questions are:1) Could anyone please run git gc or whatever to reduce the size of repo on bitbucket?
2) Is there any way for me to launch\trigger it myself without asking for support everytime cause I have 5-6 more repos to clean up If I have to ask every time - can I do this here or I have to create new question for every repo?
The repo name is HowToLoot. Thank you in advance.
Hi @kumade
The Atlassian support team has been notified and they will review the post and respond on this thread within 2 business days.
Hey @kumade ,
and welcome to the Community!
I've manually triggered a Garbage Collection on your repository and managed to reduce its size back to ~340MB, which is pretty close to what you have seen in the local clone.
As for the GC request, it's already executed from time to time in the repository based on some internal heuristics, but we from support can help expedite it. If you are proceeding with the cleanup of the other repos, you can simply add a new comment on this thread tagging me, and including the masked repository name, so I can run the GC for the remaining repositories as well.
Thank you, @kumade !
Patrik S
Hey @Patrik S thanks for the prompt reply.Could you please launch git gc & prune again on the same repo, I've cut the size almost in half this time so it should be around 150mb now.Thanks in advance!
Hey @Patrik SCould you please launch git gc & prune in addition to the repo in my comment above also in another repo that starts with 'a42' . It is now more than 2Gb and should be around 270 Mb
Thank you in advance!
I performed a GC in both of the repositories you shared, which greatly reduced their sizes.
Let me know if everything looks good on your end now
Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.