I'm trying to create subtasks via csv upload. I was able to do so in this project in March but now when I try to upload with the same file I used before I don't see an available mapping for "parent". Then I get an error message stating a Parent Issue Key or ID wasn't specified. Did something change in the last month?
Hi @Kim Loudon
I understand that you have been using the bulk creation to import subtask, but that this is no longer providing the option to set the parent value when doing so. It was my understanding that the bulk create wasn't able to set the parent value. And in turn it was something we expect to the External System Import to be able to do, although that does require the user to be a Jira Admin to use that tool.
That said, I did come across a recent bug over in JWMCLOUD-881. Which would seem to indicate that Team-managed Business type projects are specifically affected by this limitation/defect. Which would indicate that perhaps the bulk create has been able to set the parent value in company-managed projects.
Are you using a team-managed project for this particular import?
Sorry there doesn't seem to be an easy fix yet. In the meantime, I'd recommend reaching out to a Jira Admin so that they can use the External System Import utility in order to create these subtasks instead.
Hi @Kim Loudon ,
I'm not sure if there were any backend changes recently related to CSV imports. I can see that available (system) fields for parent import are "Parent" and "Parent Link".
I guess you could try adding the parent ID into 'parent' column in CSV and then map it to "Parent" field.
I'll ask someone from Atlassian to jump in here to maybe give some insight on the matter.
Cheers,Tobi
That's what I've had before but it appears to not be there any more.
Hi Kim - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Are you going through the route of Settings > System > External System Import?
If not, try that. If you are not a Jira Administrator, have your Admin try it.
Hi John,
I am going to All work>Ellipses menu (...)>Import Issues from CSV.
I'm not a Jira admin but have been able to import this way as recently as last month. I still can import tasks this way but seems I'm not able to do subtasks anymore as there is no mapping for the parent field.
Yes, this seems to be some that Atlassian has changed recently for some reason. Until there is a change back, if at all, you will need to have a Jira Admin run the import.
In our jira instance, we also have the problem that fields are missing during csv import. for example, the field for the “Vorgangs ID”. Is there a solution for this soon? We can no longer perform csv imports that contain an assignment of sub-tasks to tasks.
So, based on Andy's comment - is this a Team-managed project or Company-managed project that you are trying to import into?
Hi Andy,
Yes this is a team-managed project.
Hi @Ricky Strohmeier ,
Are you also using team-managed project/data import? If so, please see Andy's answer.
Otherwise, we'd probably need some additional info about how you are trying to do the import, what field type is "Vorgangs ID" and such.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.