Hi support,
I used BFG Repo-Cleaner to permanently remove large files from my repository’s history, following both Bitbucket’s and BFG’s guidelines. However, after pushing the cleaned repo, the reported repository size increased significantly—from around 2.x GB to 3.65 GB.
After the git push, I received a message saying: “large file detection timed out”, which I understand means Bitbucket couldn’t finish scanning the repo within the allowed time. Could this be why the size is being misreported?
Is it possible to request a full cleanup of the repository on Bitbucket’s side to ensure the correct size is shown? Or could there still be dangling large files that weren’t fully removed? I’ve included all the BFG commands I used further down.
Also, this is the fifth time I’ve tried reaching out. Nothing has happened any of the times I posted — my question hasn’t shown up in the Atlassian Community, there’s nothing under my profile, and I haven’t received any emails explaining what might be wrong. Could you please let me know how I should proceed to get help?
Thanks in advance!
Best,
Camilla
git clone --mirror https://myuser@bitbucket.org/myuser/myrepo.git
java -jar bfg-1.15.0.jar --delete-files "{5_Metro_OLD.unity,5_Metro_ShunterWorks.unity,7_HotelElevator.unity,9_Hotel_OLD.unity,9_Hotel_OLDRemove.unity,AmbienceInfirmary.wav,AmbienceOutsideMildWindWithWater.aif,AmbiencePrisonHallway2Remove.wav,AmbiencePrisonHallway3Remove.wav,AmbienceShowerRoom.wav,AmbienceStaffKitchen.wav,AmbienceStorageRoom-Duplicate.wav,AmbienceStorageRoom.wav,ApartmentOld.unity,ChateauTimelineDemo.unity,PrisonStairs.unity,ApartmentFootstepsTest.unity,SoundtrackBoatREMOVE.wav,AmbienceOutsideMildWindNoBirds.aif,TVTicketOffice 1.wav,Amb outdoors.wav,Amb outdoors no animals.wav,Amb outdoor mix w bass.wav,ApartmentBasementAmbience 1.wav,ambience_washing_room.wav,SoundtrackBoat.wav,ambience_hallway.wav,CryptStaircaseAmbience.wav,AmbienceShowerLoop.wav,11_ApartmentRevisitedCille.unity,Crypt ambience.wav,BoatMastRigCalmWaterLoop.wav,blunt-smoke-png.png,apartment_bass1.wav,layer_3.png,AmbienceChurchOrganREMOVE.wav}" myrepo.git
cd myrepo.git
git gc
git reflog expire --expire=now --all && git gc --prune=now --aggressive
git push