Working with JSM DC 5.12.x I am creating objects using the CSV import option. The object includes an Object attribute that allows multiple values.
I am looking for information on how to properly format the data in the CSV for this.
I found a post relevant to Cloud but the suggestion can't be applied to DC because the import interface is different.
https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Jira-Service-Management/How-do-I-import-multiple-object-references-into-a-single-field/qaq-p/2278588
Hi @Trudy P Claspill
it has been some time that I did an import on DC but I think the values need to be separated by two pipes || Seems like this is still the case: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/csv-import-1044784472.html#CSVimport-formatting-csv-data
And it is important that you use IN for the mapping of the values:
Key IN (${DATA LOCATOR${0}})
Do you reference object attributes from the import or are these already existing in Assets?If so, I would recommend to use the object key in the import file (if possible)
How does your current CSV file look like? Could you paste an example entity?
Thank you, Kai!
I love it when I think I've thoroughly read the documentation, only to have somebody point out a sentence that I missed. :-)
I thought I had tried that based on the Cloud post I had found, but that it had not worked. I will try again.
The Objects that I'm trying to specify in the field already exists. The values in the CSV file match the Label values for the objects; i.e. two object Labels:
First Object Label||Second Object Label
I'll report back after I try the import again.
It worked!
I'm not sure what I did wrong previously, but this time it worked.
Thank you!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.