Hi,
I am using JSM and I am looking for a way to achieve the following.
- I have a form attached to a Request Type. In this form, I include the "Description" field as I need to have it after various questions organized in a form.
- I don't wish to display the form in the customer portal view, once it has been sumbitted. I have added an automation rule, which change it to "Internal" once submitted. All good for this.
- I would like to show the "Description" in the customer portal view. Since it is in my form, it isn't visible to the Customer.
I was thinking of creating a new Custom Field (for example, "Message") and have an automation rule so the value of that new "Message" field is the content of the "Description" field. I have this automation rule working, as I tested with "Message" in the Jira work item view (not on customer portal view).
However, I am stuck with the following:
If I add the "Message" field to the Request type, but make it "hidden" (as I don't need the customer to view it when submitting a request), can I use an automation rule to make it visible in the Customer portal view of the request?
Or, do you have another way to show a field in the Customer Portal view only after the work item has been created?
Thank you!
Céline