Dear Altassin / Bitbucket Team,
I kindly request you to run gc on the following repos.Locally I used git reflog expire --expire=now --all && git gc --prune=now --aggressive for gc and git count-objects -vH for size calculation.
Current: 48mbAfter reflog & gc: 6mbCurrent: 111mbAfter reflog & gc: 7mbCurrent: 216mbAfter reflog & gc: 9mbCurrent: 146mbAfter reflog & gc: 8mbCurrent: 662mbAfter reflog & gc: 6mb
I have more repos to clean soon.Should I always publish the full link?Connected to this issue: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Bitbucket-questions/How-to-run-Garbage-Collection-on-server-side-repostories/qaq-p/2996319#M116905
Thanks in advance!
Hi @Fabian Wohlfart
Welcome to the community.
The Atlassian support team has been notified and they will reach out to you.
Some of those repositories have had their size reduced - others have not. This is because there were large binary files present in those repositories at the time that pull requests were created/merged:
The reduction is as follows:
I'd highly advise against sharing the full URL for those repositories, as this is a public forum. You can simply share the size reported in Repository Settings > Repository Details and we'll know which repo's you're referring to - I've redacted these from your original question.
Cheers!
- Ben (Bitbucket Cloud Support)
Hi Ben,
thanks for the answers.
The problem is that the Standard plan is not made for freelancers, but for agencies.As a freelancer I occasionally work with other developers on repositories.All of these other developers cost me 1 seat.I already moved to Github for some projects, because I cannot open more seats.That's sad because I like Bitbucket.These people are only working in one project, not in another.It's not my general team, but a single collaboration for a single repository.And this particular way of work organisation is very common for freelancers, that's nothing only I am struggeling with – I talked to many other freelancers and all have the same problem.
Yet I would need to pay for 1 permanent seat for this person. So simply having a Standard plan makes up 5 seats which starts at 16,5€ a month.I am not arguing about the amount of the money, but about the concept why I spend it. It's unfair that I have to pay for so many seats even though these developers are only available in one repository, which at it's maximum is only worked on every now-and-then. Meanwhile in Github I can pay for one user and collaborate on any other repository, they understood that it's about working together and won't punish this with more fees. If any a paid organisation has to pay for seats, not me as a freelancer.
Let me know if I misunderstood the pricing model of Bitbucket.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.