Hi, I would like to create an automation that sends 1 large email on the 25th of each month that includes:
- All items from a specific board
- Who are in any of the 8 issue types I created
- Within the next month
- Who are assigned to specific people
For example:
- 8 items in March across several issue types assigned to me & 10 assigned to Joe's Team
- 16 items in April across several issue types & 20 assigned to Joe's Team
- 24 items in May across several issue types & 30 assigned to Joe's Team
I want the email reminder sent at the end of March to tell me the 16 items upcoming for me from April, and a separate email sent to Joe's Team (of 2 people) telling them the 20 items they have to do in April.
Then, I want the email reminder sent at the end of April to tell me the 24 items upcoming for me from May, and a separate email sent to Joe's Team (of 2 people) telling them the 30 items they have to do in May.
--------
I want the email to be structured in the following way (in my perfect world):
Hi [Insert Team Name], please see the following tasks due in the next month:
[Issue Type 1]:
- [Task 1] is due on [due date of task 1 - e.g. 01/01/2000]
- [Task 2] is due on [due date of task 2- e.g. 15/01/2000]
[Issue Type 2]:
- [Task 3] is due on [due date of task 3 - e.g. 12/01/2000]
- [Task 4] is due on [due date of task 4 - e.g. 29/01/2000]
Here is an overall view of all tasks coming up:
Name of Task | Issue Type | Due Date |
[Task 1] | [Issue Type 1] | 01-01-2000 |
[Task 3] | [Issue Type 2] | 12-01-2000 |
[Task 2] | [Issue Type 2] | 15-01-2000 |
[Task 4] | [Issue Type 1] | 29-01-2000 |
--------
This is what I was able to create thus far:
- When = Every 1 month on the 25th at 8:30am
- Run a JQL search for the following query:
- project = "XX- Project Name - XX" AND issuetype != Task AND issuetype != Sub-task AND "Start date[Date]" >= startOfMonth("+1") AND "Start date[Date]" <= endOfMonth("+1")
- Then = Send Email
- To = [Team Name]
- Content = This is a reminder of all tasks starting in the next month & when they're due: {{#issues}} - *{{key}}*: {{summary}} (Start Date: {{Start Date}}, Due Date: {{duedate}}) {{/issues}}
-------
The main parts I'm stuck on is:
1. Figuring out how to send emails to different teams depending on their tasks due, and not sending to all
2. Being able to add all of the issues from all issue types to one email & subsequently creating the email as desired.
I would greatly appreciate any/all help to steer me into the right direction, or advice on how this could be done better. Thank you!