I want to create an automation to send a Slack message out for all issues in Jira that follow this criterion:
1. Are in a specific board
2. Are a specific issue type
2. Have the tiered custom field be values "Tier 1" or "Tier 2" (the custom field currently works by having the issue creator initially select "Tier 1", which will then show a dropdown of "Client 1", "Client 2", "Client 3" etc.)
3. Have a due date of 6 months from today
My intention is to get an automated update 6 months before the due date of the tasks that meet the above criterion.
I have tried creating the rule by:
- Having a "when" function to run the automation every day
- Generating an "if" function for "Issue matches JQL" using the following JQL:
- project = "XX- Project Name -XX" AND issuetype = "XX- Issue Type Name -XX" AND duedate = endOfDay("+183d") AND ("Tiers & Clients[Select List (cascading)]" = "Tier 1" OR "Tiers & Clients[Select List (cascading)]" = "Tier 2")
- Generating a "Then" function for 'Send Slack Message' & added my Webhook URL with the following message:
- Renewal Reminder: **{{issue.customfield_XXX}}** is due on {{issue.duedate.format("yyyy-MM-dd")}}.
I validated the query and it said there were 2 issues found, but when running the automation, the audit log said that no actions were performed because 'no related issues could be found'.
I also tried using an "if or else" function by adding conditions based on 'JQL condition' to segment out each of the JQL requirements
Could I please have some suggestions for what I'm doing wrong here or what a better way to do this could be?