Hello,
I have built out a CMDB is the Assets component of Jira, and linked it with a custom field and made it so they populate against the correct issues. My problem is I wish to change the selection behavior.
For example I have a Parent object in the schema called 'Virtual Machines', This has some assets in it, as well as a child object type, 'File servers' which has specific child objects inside it. e.g.
[]Virtual Machines >
[] File Servers >
server1
server2
When I use the custom field to search the CMDB, everything displays as expected but it does not behave as such. When I select a parent object like 'file servers' it filters to those objects. When I tick the box to the left of 'file servers' nothing happens. e.g. it does not select all the child objects inside the file server parent object.
I can manually select each server but that defeats the purpose and many types are significant in size.