I'm encountering the following error in Jira Cloud (company-managed project):
"Transition failed: Action 9 is invalid"
I’m not sure why this is happening. The last thing I was working on was setting up an automation rule. To debug the issue, I took the following steps:
- Disabled all automation rules
- Deleted the rules entirely
- Rebuilt the rule (with modified steps)
However, the error still persists, specifically referencing Action 9.
Here’s some context:
- All projects share nearly the same workflow. The main board has three additional statuses used only for internal purposes
- When a ticket is created on the main board, an automation rule clones the ticket to one of several sub-projects (used by external companies to track progress)
- When the original ticket transitions in the main project, the cloned ticket in the sub-project should transition to a defined status as well
Despite the changes and deletion/recreation of the automation rule, I still get the same error. Could this be a bug or something stuck in the system?
Any ideas on what could be causing this or how to fix it?
Thanks in advance!