I would like to base a subtask workflow on the value of a parent's field.
The best I can do is to copy the parent field value to the subtask field and validate or condition on that.
Anyone know a way to do this that I haven't been able to think of?
Used Slingshot add-in to copy parent field to subtask field. Then based subtask workflow on subtask field.
The other option is to write custom conditions or validators which looks at the parent issues task. If you already figured out how to copy the parent field values to subtasks, that is probably easier!
Jobin, thanks for the suggestion.
I do the copy from parent on every transition. Yes, that is a weak approach. I'd love to find a way to push the parent field value to the subtask on any field change, but alas...
One of my givens is that I don't wan to "jailbreak" JIRA -- by which I mean I don't want to do any custom coding in the Java. That is a maintenance black hole I don't want to enter.
I'd love to find a way to push the parent field value to the subtask on any field change, but alas...
You can do that in a listener. Writing a plugin won't be jail breaking JIRA. "Java" code can be within the plugins
I probably have a stricter definition of "jailbreak." I don't want to have to support a custom plugin I wrote -- or more exactly, I don't want others to have to deal with it after I am gone.
I have found a paid plugin that supports this and will probably go that route.
Thanks.
WE are pursuing a solution. I will report back here when I have info.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.