I am creating a dashboard and it has rich filters for epics.
I want to create a % completion number for each epic and show that in the dashboard view.
I followed the instructions on a support page for jira but it's cloud only:
The gist though was to writer a trigger to update a custom text field on an epic when any non-Epic moves to Done and it has an Epic link that has a specific component, then creates two variables (count of all issues in epic, count on done issues in epic) and applies that to the custom text field.
I got it to work for the most part but it has an error that I don't think is cloud/server related.
In this step:
Add a Branch rule/related issues and select Parent. Under this branch create a variable to calculate and save epic completion percentage.
<span>1 </span><span>2 </span>Variable Name: varEpicCompletion Smart Value: {{#=}}{{varDoneCount.asNumber}}/{{varTotalCountSmart.asNumber}}* 100
I get an error: Error rendering smart-values when executing this rule: Unknown unary array operator / at character position 1: /* 100
In my automation I branch on Epic (parent) and use a create variable as described. The two custom variables are created earlier in the automation as directed
Link to the solution as given for cloud Jira: https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/display-epic-completion-percentage-on-jira-dashboard/
Let me know if you see any way forward and thank you!