I have a project with the hierarchy uber Initiative-->initiative-->Epics-->Stories. I want that the status of initiatives is updated to "In progress" as one of its (child) Epics transit to "In progress". I have implemented the attached automatism but it seem not to respect the "For Parent" condition even if I change the status of Epics that have a parent issue (initiative) as in the attached screen.
Hello @Dominga Savino
Based on the description that appears with Parent, I believe that option works only when you want to branch to the Parent of a Sub-task type issue.
Refer to this KB for details on how to update the parent of the Epic through Automation for Jira Data Center.
https://support.atlassian.com/automation/kb/automation-rule-that-updates-a-parent-issue-initiative-based-on-an-update/
Hi Dominga,
Just move that second condition under the branch and change to a simple Issue Type = initiative
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.