Hi Folks,
I am wondering if any of you have any thoughts on how this is best done? I have been tasked with my company's move to JIRA and Confluence. In Confluence, I am going by business unit then to teams then to projects as a way of organizing things so that they make sense. I am doing my best to mirror that in JIRA by adding simple prefixes to things. I really want to bring feature requests from product management into Jira. I am not sure what makes the most sense though - should I...
- Make PM their own BU and consider each PM a team and requests then would be by project? There are lots of pros and cons to this - it would be easier to report on (assuming originals stay in the project) but what would be the cleanest way to get those out to the dev teams? Cloning? something else I am not seeing?
- Consider PM as a team within the existing BUs. Create a project called Feature Requests? Just categorize Feature Requests as the JIRA type - then report off that in a dashboard? The latter is what I would like to do, but Dev doesn't want Product Management "trolling through their JIRAs" (yes thats a quote from a Dev Mgr).
I am running out of ways to solve this that work for everyone. Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.
Thanks!