Hello,
Jira Datacenter: 9.12.14
I am trying to work out (logically in my head) and through the smart values. If I can take the smartvalue {{issue.timetracking.originalEstimateSeconds)}} and then add time based on changes made in a ticket type.
Now I do know how to do this, but I've come accross a very simple problem that I can't rack my brain around.
I have created a custom field (Now this is a text field) called "Original Estimate Copied". This then takes the value of {{issue.timetracking.originalEstimateSeconds)}} and output whats expected (So for example if 80h is put into the Estimated field, it is reflected in "Original Estimate Copied" as the value.
However, if I want to add extra time onto this new value, It still treats the value as a string (So if I do {{issue.timetracking.originalEstimateSeconds)}}+80h) as a rule, then as expected. It treats this as a string and outputs the value in seconds and then +80h as a string.
I guess I have two problems really.
1) What custom field type should I use to output this new value correctly.
2) How do I get the smart value to actually calculate time over and above the initial estimated value?
At the moment, my automation is quite simplistic as I am testing things out. Its just changing a custom field triggered by a manual trigger.
Thanks