We are looking to upgrade our Jira Datacenter version from 9.4.14 to 9.12.19 (latest LTS version). Have a couple of quick questions as we prepare for the upgrade.
OS - Server 2019
Database - SQL Server 2017
1. Type of install - Previous sys admin used manual install. Any benefit or pro/cons with doing manual over using the installer?
2. Java version is currently Java 8. What is the requirement for Java version at 9.12.19?
3. "Plan Your Upgrade" feature within Jira recommends 9.11. Any issue going further to the latest LTS of 9.12.19?
4. Log4J upgrade? I believe Log4J2 is a requirement at this point? Are there good instructions for this process? Anything to be prepared for and should I do this ahead of upgrade?
5. Utilize LDAP auth, but looking to move to Okta. Any need for changes before upgrade?
6. Backups - We have a test env to run this through before Prod. Anything outside of Jira directory and database backups to be considered?
7. Scriptrunner workflows - I'm assuming if changing Java versions the scriptrunner scripts will need to be updated. Any feedback here would be appreciated!
I believe that's all for now. I appreciate any feedback and guidance.
Thank you!