Is it necessary to take the XML backup daily in jira data center 10.3.2. there is a service enabled to XML backup can I set this daily schedule to every 3 days of the week. Is it useful to backup. Any suggestions
@testcase1062 ,
To be honest, these days most likely the entire host is part of some kind of backup schedule (if it's a virtual machine) so that would cover your jira home folder.
The most important part of your Jira setup would be your database, so as long as you have a proper backup strategy for that you're pretty much set and imho the xml backup seems not needed/unneeded overhead.
From jira upgrade onwards it shows 49 backup files can I delete some backup files like one month back files.
I don't see why not, unless you feel you'll have to restore a backup from that long ago?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.