Have a really weird issue I've been trying to figure out with automation.
Here is the workflow we have:
- A "spec task" issue type is created. An automation will create an epic alongside of it and link the spec task type issue to the epic and copy over relevant fields. One of these is Amtech Engage case number field.
- An "RFE Coding" issue type is created at a later time. I want to look in Jira to find the epic to find one where the Amtech Engage Case Number field matches the value of the same field in the RFE Coding ticket.
- I have an automation that is running on issue create. Added an if statement for Issue Type = "RFE Coding" Then I do a lookup issues to find issues where the issuetype = Epic and the Amtech Engage Case Number field ~ the issue.customfield_10344 value
#3 is where the issue lies. I have run the scenario through in my sandbox Jira instance and had no issues. When we activate it in production, I get an error saying "unable to find any issue field values to edit."
I have also added logging to see if I'm getting a value back from my lookup query. This is where it gets strange - the log returns nothing in production, but in sandbox I get a value back.
Below are screenshots of my rule setup first in Sandbox, then production, then a screenshot of my latest run with errors. Could anyone help out with what could be causing a difference in production vs. sandbox?


