I am trying to use Jira and EmailThisIssue to create and close issues.
JETI creates an issue without any problems. There is an problem with adding comments.
I have enabled the rule in next-gen mail handler: Find Issues for Email
- If (Email Subject matches Regular expression (.*)), find issue by JQL summary ~ ""$!group1""
Since I need to search for an issue by an exact match between the email subject and the issue title—this is my specific requirement—please do not suggest other search options.
I have an issue titled "test1". I send an email with the subject "test1" and see in the audit log:
DEBUG: JQL with matched values: summary ~ ""test1""
DEBUG: Issue found by JQL: SD1-312
I have an issue with a Cyrillic title "тест". I send an email with the subject "тест" and see in the log:
DEBUG: JQL with matched values: summary ~ ""тест""
DEBUG: Issue not found by JQL: тест
At the same time, in the "Search for issues" form, the advanced query summary ~ ""тест"" finds the required issue without any problems.
I have conducted many tests; the email encoding does not matter, and all Jira encodings are set to UTF-8. The Jira user I am working under has administrative rights, and both issues were created by him, so it is not a permissions issue.
I tried using text not from the subject but from the body—this also does not matter.
It seems that either in JETI or in Jira there are nuances related to working with Cyrillic in JQL in the plugin code.