Hello,
I want to automate the creation of Jira issues. If CR issues will appear in a certain JQL search, other issues for testing should be created in a different project. I want that every day it will be checked if new CRs issues are here, which do not have test issues linked to them.
I made my first draft for the automation rule and I have questions for that.
- I need different criteria for different JQLs --> so I use an If/Else block. If one JQL search finds multiple issues, does the 'Create a new' action create only one issue or one issue for each found? This is important to know because more than 50 tickets will certainly need to be created.
- Do the smart-values issue.key and issue.summary match to transfer them from the trigger issue to the new one?
- If I want to link the tickets together, does the selected field 'Linked Issues' match? Because how I build my JQL search that if the test issue is created and linked with the CR issue the JQL search for the CR issues won't find it anymore --> so it won't happen that infinte issues will be created in a loop.
Screenshots are attached for better understanding.


Thank you for your help.