I have a repository that builds and deploys several submodules. These submodules share some common code defined in shared modules within the repository.
I'm trying to un-complicate the current setup, which has multiple other repositories with distinct pipeline definitions that manually clone the source repo and run a determined series of build steps.
The way we currently trigger the other pipelines is using the trigger pipeline pipe (source at https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/trigger-pipeline/src/master/).
I can use the same pipe to trigger pipelines within the same repository. That helps some, because I can more easily reuse pipeline steps using YAML anchors and it shaves some time off the build process.
The trouble I have is that if I kick off more than two pipelines, only two will show up on the pull request, even if they are all pipelines within the same repository on the same branch. For pull requests that cause any of the submodule builds to fail, I definitely don't want the PR to be mergeable.
I can tell the trigger-pipeline pipe to wait for the result from the other pipeline, but this effectively doubles the amount of build minutes I pay for, which is needlessly expensive.
I have searched, but can't find out if this is a documented limitation of Bitbucket Pipelines or just a quirk of the UI. Is there some setting somewhere that I can use to allow more than 2 pipeline results to be associated with a pull request? I have tried passing the BITBUCKET_PR_ID, BITBUCKET_PR_DESTINATION_BRANCH, BRANCH_NAME, and other relevant variables to the child pipeline using the `PIPELINE_VARIABLES` variable defined by trigger-pipeline, but I still only get the top two hits.
Is there some more scalable way to associate lots of pipelines back to one pull request than the trigger-pipeline pipe? I'd happily put them all in nested `parallel` blocks, but that isn't really an option in Bitbucket Pipelines.