Trying to use the Python JIRA package and its not working for me.
Hoping someone here has an answer.
Using this import statement
from jira import JIRA
Import resolves to its containing file
What am I doing wrong here?
Which version are you using, how did you install it and how are you running it?
Hi @Harry Melamed
Refer the atlassian developer page https://developer.atlassian.com/ to use python in jira
You have to use import requests
pip install JIRA
Python 3.11
can't get by the coding without an error
@Harry Melamed you can use
import requests
from requests.auth import HTTPBasicAuth
I'm not totally sure that you are seeing the problem here. I have no issues with the requests, but with importing and using the jira module in Python.
Prasam, the original post is about using the Jira Python library, not using requests. The former makes it easier to access Jira remotely.
Harry, the problem you are having is with installing a Python library and using it. Not directly related to Jira or that library.
I find I use "python3" instead of "python" to make sure I am picking up the correct Python version when doing "pip install jira". And also when I start a Python shell. Then the example at https://jira.readthedocs.io/examples.html#quickstart should just work as expected
I use pycharm IDE. Tried to uninstall and reinstall with no success.
all other libraries install and work fine when using pip from the terminal
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.