Hi!
In a JPD project I created a Global Field, when I try to assign to a Software project I only see JPD Projects.
Why I can't assign it to a Company-Managed software project?
Hi @Cristóbal González
Global fields are only meant for JPD projects. Any fields created there can be shared across JPD projects. Not outside for JSM or SW projects.
Ypu can see that when adding the project to the global field:
The only projects available are JPD projects.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-product-discovery/docs/create-and-manage-global-fields/
Custom fields can be used in JPD projects. Custom fields created for JSM and SW will be shown in the JPD project (if compatible with JPD)
The wording in the doc is misguiding to believe we can use those as any other custom field.
Regards - Aaron
Hi @Aaron Pavez _ServiceRocket_ Thanks for the reply.
The "father" field of this Global Field is a JPD field, I mean the value is updated on JPD project and I want to see it on a Software project.
Based on your answer my understanding is that what I want is not possible, I'm correct?
Yes, JPD global fields can only be used in JPD projects.
For SW you need Custom fields.
On that case I should create a Custom Filed in the SW project and make this field as the "father" field and then update the Global field to be shown in the JPD project. I'm assuming this because in the past I made a global field based on an SW field and it is shown in the JPD project. The SW field is the one is updated and then the global field is updated based on this SW field.
In other words, I can update a SW field and populate a global field based on this SW field but not on reverse way. Is that correct?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.