Hi community,
Pretty sure I encounter a bug repeatedly, but can not report it directly since I use the free plan.
I am using Jira in the browser.
My issues on Jira have short descriptions. Then I have several child issues within. The child issues have longer descriptions often containing a to-do list with check boxes [].
Bug: While a am looking at the description of a child issue, maybe after editing and saving it (but with several seconds delay), it is (without any further interaction from my side) replaced with the description of the main (parent) issue! Happens instantly in front of my eyes, the parent description out of nowhere replacing my child description.
This happens seemingly random, once a week, sometimes twice a day. I feel it started happening this year, or at least happening much more recently!
Since there is no "undo" button (or rather the description being probably overwritten and saved by Jira within miliseconds) the only way to fix this for me is by going to the history log and copy pasting my actual description back to where it belongs, loosing the entire layout/checkboxes in the process!
I have no other users in Jira and don't use any automation.
In a closed bug report I spotted a recent comment describing the same issue, so seems I am not the only one:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-76134
"This is affecting me, but it's that the description of the parent ticket has overwritten the description of a child ticket. I'm not sure how it happens. I think possibly having both items open in separate tabs has something to do with it. It's also happened mostly on a ticket that has [] checkbox markup in it.(...)"
I don't have multiple browser tabs open with Jira, but this still might be related.
If somebody please can open a bug report for this, that would be helpful. Thank you.
--------
Edit to add info here from my reply further down this thread:
I am pretty sure there are no automations since I am the sole admin/user/creator of this account and never touched automation so far. There are no recently run automations, the audit is completely empty and when I go to "manage automations" that list is also empty.
I always checked the history log of the child issue after this bug happened, since that is the only place I could get my child description back from. The log always indicated that I made the undesired change myself.
the issue where it happened today:
PEG-162 (issue)
PEG-1438 (child issue)
The (long) description of child issue PEG-1438 was autonomously (against my will) overwritten with the (much shorter) description of PEG-162 approximately > 2h ago from now: UTC current time is 14:52:02 current date is 27th Thursday February 2025.