Hello,
I am new to bitbucket pipelines and planning to migrate from on-prem bamboo to bitbucket pipelines. We run our builds in a different ways for different branches out of a single repository. So If I have many distinct branches such as "branch4-release-X", "branch4-release-Y" that branch out of main but have divergant code base. Each need to be build in a separate way.
I understand that if I need to run a pipeline differently for a given branch (or a set of branches that match a wildcard pattern) then I need to provide a separate file "bitbucket-pipelines.yml" and check it in that specific branch . So I created a file called "bitbucket-pipelines.yml" and checked it in my branch called "branch4-release-X". Hereafter when I navigate to my repository and click on "pipelines" in left pane and click on "Run pipeline" then I get a dialogue " Run Pipeline for 'branch4-release-X' " with two drop-downs , one each for "branch" and "pipeline" . The branch dropdown already sh has " branch4-release-X" selected - however the dropdown for pipeline says "no pipelines found"
What should I do apart from adding a branch specific "bitbucket-pipelines.yml" to ensure that the branch specific pipeline shows up when I select my branch and so I am able to run it
if apart from using the web console if there another way to trigger a pipeline assiciated with a specific branch then please tell me about that as well