Hi all,
I'm currently working in an on-premise JIRA with the Tempo Structure solution: overall it's really great, but I have build a traceability matrix to validate testing traceability in such a way that it leaves very to no room to change the hierarchy.
To give some context: it's a validated project with a very strong audit and quality management team, so while you may be tempted to suggest more efficient hierarchy levels, it's just not possible at this time to deviate from the structure design.
Let me start by showing you the relationships and issue types as they are defined in JIRA:

So basically I need to build a structure that needs to go 6 levels down, but the problem is that I NEED TO FILTER OUT any linkage where the TUS is not also linked directly with the CO through relationship "tests". In other words: I have HUGE performance issues because I need to load all the content (we're talking 1000's of lines), and only at level 5 can filter out through a formula like "CO_Link"
IF issuetype = "TUS": issueLinks.MAP(IF($.source = this, $.destination, $.source)) .FILTER($.issuetype = "CO")
This gives me the "root" CO, as through ancestry, I currently get ALL TUS which are somehow linked through other CO's taking every stair up.
Then I do another formula to check this outcome and return a "true" or "false" statement that I can use a filter on:
IF issuetype = "TUS" AND Parent#level=-4{issuetype} = "CO" AND CO_Link = Parent#level=-4{key}: "TRUE"
At this point the structure used to work perfectly, but these days it's breaking down because we are talking thousands of issues as the scope continues to increase.
I dabbled in S-JQL by using a "child of root" filter (as the TUS is linked directly to the CO), but this failed to work, as it only considers hierarchy levels in the structure, and doesn't seem to work when it's 5 levels deep. If I use "descendant of root", I keep getting the TUS I don't need, as they are indeed all descendants, but just not directly linked through the green arrow in my screenshot...
Overall I've tried a million things at this point (because you also want to filter out levels 2 to 4 if there is no level 5 match.
So I'm wondering:
- Is this problem even solvable in JIRA structure, maintaining the mandated linkages.
- Is there any way I can improve performance so the structure loads fast (it currently exceeds 600 seconds and times out).
A big thank you for your advice.