Hi There,
We are using JPD in our department
I am aware that as of now there is no easy way of cascading ideas under each other within a view. However, I am exploring a way that by using a custom helper value field to possibly achieve this.
I have 2 fields:
Custom select field: Top level Idea, Child level idea
Custom number field 'Helper value':
The automation that I am trying to make is I think relatively simple but I am failing for the automation to do something and that could just be due to my limited programming knowledge.
In my mind, a solution could be looking somewhere like this. The number you see is the helper value. So by sorting low to high on helper value you can make them be below their parent.

In our business Top level ideas are only committed each quarter whereas child ideas are more frequently committed to. Even though this solution requires us to ensure that the parents helper value are in iterative order. We only commit to a few (10-15 ideas each quarter) so manually ensuring there is only one full number for each parent idea isn't much of a lift.
The automation that I am attempting to do is basically:
Whenever an idea is linked to a parent then copy the helper value of the parent and fill in the child helper value with parent helper value + 0.1

here the audit log:

I am always getting the 'no related issues be found' and therefore the edit is not happening and I don't fully understand why.
I am sure that it's just something missing