Happened to my colleague and now happened to me.
In the end - it doesn't send the comment (even after a long wait).
We lost a lot of time...
Hey @Moshe Goldyan ,
and welcome to the Community!
In order for us to assist you in investigating this issue, we'll need to gather a few more details:
Are there any error messages being shown once the comment fails to be posted?
Does the issue occur consistently in all repositories or just in a subset?
With this information, we'll be able to get a better picture of the issue and verify what might be causing this behavior.
Let us know in case you have any questions.
Thank you, @Moshe Goldyan !
Patrik S
Hi Patrick
Thank you for quickly replying to my issue.
It's in a pull request.
No error messages (not on my PC nor on my colleague's). However, there is noticeable slowness (right from the start).
It occurs in a specific pull request which has a bit over 1K interactions (i.e. comments and replies to comments).
My colleague and I are from different physical locations and use different operating systems. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Chrome but I don't think it's related to the browser.
I have tried using incognito - it's the same.
I also tried "Add Comment Now" (same effect) and sending even a single comment using "Start Review" but still the same - "Sending...".
Refreshing the page still shows "Sending...".
Closing the tab and opening a new tab (navigating to the pull request) - everything is gone.
Thank you very much
Hello @Moshe Goldyan ,
Thank you very much for providing additional context.
Since you mentioned the impact is limited to a single pull request, and that is a considerably large pull request, I suspect this might be playing a role in the slowness you're facing.
By default, the diff view settings will load all the files at one when you open the pull request page. However, depending on the size of the PR, this may cause slowness on your browser, and in such cases, it's possible to configure the PR to load files individually, as you open them.
You can change this option by navigating to the Pull Request > selecting the Files Changed tab > Click on the cog icon in the right side of the page > change the Load Files option to Individually
After saving the change, refresh the page and verify if files are being loaded individually now. If yes, you can then try adding a comment and check if it's successfully posted.
First of all, thank you @Patrik S for providing a solution.
I think that this painful issue probably happened to other users as well and can avoided in the first place - with Atlassian's help.
It's quite annoying spending precious time on commenting (especially when it's a large code review) and later on finding out everything was for nothing.
Then, I guess most users probably won't know how to tackle this situation and some (like me) will turn for help.
If this knowledge is known to Atlassian and if (for example) there's a known threshold issue when there are a large number of files / comments, then I think it'd be great if Bit Bucket will automatically load files individually and issue a clear warning.
Otherwise, more users will suffer from this situation...
What do you think @Patrik S ?
Thanks in advance for your help,
- Moshe
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.