We had our project set up perfectly where we were using the global rank field for our project and could drag/drop cards in the planning board to set the ranking using the Default context. Now it doesn't work. I can drag/drop the card on the page but if I refresh or go to another page, it just goes back to how it was before and it looks like the actual value of the ranking field does not change. I have tried changing the context or making new ones and that doesn't work or help.
We are using Greenhopper 5.10.1. I have the project set up to use the scrum template. The project is associated with Greenhopper. The ranking field is associated with all issue types for the project. I've also reindexed Jira. None of these things has mattered so far. Maybe it's something weird with which screens the rank field is associated with and that other projects are using those same screens? Other projects use another manually set Rank field so I think maybe Jira is mixing the two up for this project???
I would also love to better understand Context - it seems like what you do within a Context does not stick or does not stay in place for other users. What is the point?
Thanks so much for the help!