Hi,
We are running Bitbucket Pipelines on a PHP project where the dependencies are installed with composer. I noticed that uploading the artifact takes unsually long. Compression takes 9 seconds but uploading a relatively small 37Mb file takes 141 seconds. The transfer speed is 2 Mbit/s. The runner is run locally, but I could not find any network related reasons why the upload would be so slow. I noticed that latest 3.X versions are now using S3 buckets to store the artifacts.
Compressed files matching artifact pattern vendor/** to 36.7 MiB in 9 seconds
Uploading artifact of 36.7 MiB Successfully uploaded artifact in 141 seconds
Downloading the same artifact back on another task is much faster (9 Mbit/s):
"vendor/**": Downloaded 36.7 MiB in 34 seconds
On another project I found older pipelines in which the upload was way faster. Seems like uploading artifacts was changed to S3 starting from version 3.0.0 according to the changelog.
<span>Uploading artifact of 30.4 MiB<br>Successfully uploaded artifact in 22 seconds</span>
Version 3.15.0
<span>Uploading artifact of 33.2 MiB<br>Successfully uploaded artifact in 117 seconds</span>