Hi,
I created a Project in JIRA SERVICE DESK (Cloud). I want to make a copy of this project to new one.
(need to duplicate current project with all the fields , database changes etc.. to a new project).
Please suggest
I'm afraid there is no "copy project" function.
If you create a new project though, and select "create using shared configuration" instead of one of the project templates, you can tell the new project to use the same schemes as the source project. This will at least get you the same configuration.
You might need to check the custom field contexts as well though, as it won't change those.
Hi Nic,
When I create a new Project "Create with Shared Configuration" it doesn't allow me to share with all other Projects. I can select single project to Share the configuration.
Also I can see Import a Project option available. But doesn't find How to export my current project.
I am looking to export my current project and import to a new Project.
import.png
Best Regards
That's another story entirely.
The shared configuration is not supposed to share with "all other projects", that would be a disaster because you would stomp all over every other project's configuration. The shared config says "use the same schemes as another project for my new one", which just means you're sharing the config.
There is no "project export" in JIRA. The project import will take you to the importers which can take data from a variety of systems or files and create JIRA projects from them.
Thank you for the update.
My requirement is
I need to share certain fields like " Components", "Users" across all my projects.
Otherwise I need to update the fields manually in each and every project.
is it feasible to share the fields which we require to share across the project
Hi all ... Anyone found any route to do this? I will look at the Deep Clone add on but would like to try control this internal and possibly do this without an add on - either via the Interface or API? Anyone? Thanks in advance for new updates...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.